
Tomorrow is my Best Friend, Jessica Blanco's, birthday. I have to share my feelings on this amazing girl....
First of all Jessi is one of the few people in this world that is completely a giver in EVERY SENSE of the word. There is NEVER a time that she has put her own wants or needs above anothers. It does not matter who it is; a friend, relative, co worker, child... it just does not matter she puts others needs above her own without a second thought.
In her line of work she sees SO MANY situations that would just tear your heart out and make you want to run and just try to do anything you can to forget about it (she works with children in... we'll just say children that are not in good situations). Jessi, however, takes a different route as she uses what she sees and learns and applies it to every child and situation she works with. I can not imagine a better person in this world to help these children and teens along this life than her. She loves so freely and works so hard to make sure everyone has a chance they need and deserve.
When I moved from AZ it was hard enough leaving my family, but I have never had to leave a best friend either. It has been hard being away from her. Jessi made sure that EVERY week we would get together, her driving over 45 min. in both directions because she knew it was harder for me to come to her. This while working full time, going to school full time, she ALWAYS made sure she made time for me every week. And that service she gave to me is beyond words. I needed it so much and she knew it with out me telling her.
As soon as I told her I was pregnant with Edward she asked me the due date and then said, "OK, I will be there a few days before and I will stay there as long as I can." I did not even have to ask her if she could come, to her it wasn't a question it was an answer. Just like SO MANY times before she once again showed me how unselfish she was and how much she already knew how much I needed her.
Even though it is her birthday tomorrow I just received a box in the mail from her and inside was a "Baby Shower Party!" With everything you can imagine from things for Edward to things for Benson and Britton. She knows I am not especially close to anyone here and she did not want me NOT to have a baby shower so she threw me one from thousands of miles away! COME ON NOW.... SHE IS AMAZING!
I am truly grateful for her in my life. I DO NOT know what I would do with out her. She is someone I can tell anything to (and believe me I do mean anything) and know she won't judge me, frown upon it, or think I am nuts. She just takes the JLCC as it come.
I love you Jessi!

1 comment:
You just made me cry...and laugh!!! Thank you sooooo much! What everyone doesn't know is that no matter how amazing you think I am and no matter how much you think you need me - You are 100 times more amazing and I need you 100 times more!! You have had every opportunity and every right to judge me and walk away from me and you haven't. I love you so much and don't know what I would do without you. You are so sweet and wonderful for this blog!! I will see you so soon!!
Post a Comment