Dan finally got home on Sunday at 1 in the morning! The date just kept getting delayed, delayed and delayed again, BUT FINALLY it happened! It was so AMAZING just to see him, wrap my arms around him and to be with him. It really is interesting after being apart for so long the nerves that built up for me and even after having him home now for 3 days the jitters. I think most of it is just excitement and relief.
We went house hunting and found our first home together yesterday (for the time being we are just renting, but may end up purchasing the home). IT IS BEAUTIFUL! It's about 300 yards (if that) away from the bay in a gated community with racquetball courts, tennis courts and a private swimming pool for the residents in the community. The pool is literally about 50 yards away from the bay water so as you're swimming, you can see the ocean right next to you - very beautiful! The house is all hardwood floor (3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms/2-car garage) with a nice bay window in the living room. It has a wood fireplace (as opposed to a gas fireplace), a screened-in back porch and beyond that is a regular back patio that has a jacuzzi in it. The back yard is up against some woods so we don't have any neighbors behind us. The community has its own private boat slip into the bay (right next to the swimming pool) and the house has it's own boat lift reserved for it there at the docks (also by the swimming pool) so when we get our boat then we'll have our own berthing for it - nice! The backyard is really big so all of our kids will enjoy that *however* Dan is going to have to plow the whole thing under and plant grass from scratch because the back yard is infested with sand burrs... We all got a bunch stuck into our feet and ankles as we were walking on the property. There's also a shed in the back so that's nice as well.
Dan's first day back at work is today, but he is only going today and tomorrow and then on Friday there will be a memorial for the men they lost while on the deployment. Friday evening we are heading to Richmond, VA and we will have Taylor and Ava with us until Tuesday (for those of you that don't know Taylor and Ava are Dan's twins and they are absolutely gorgeous children).
Benson and Britton are having a BLAST visiting Steve. I can not wait to see them though, every time we talk to them it makes me want to cry. This will be the longest I have ever been apart from them and I miss my Boo's.
So that is the update until then and I will post more pics, but we need to take some first!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
yeah! I am so excited for you. Your house sounds lovely. I hope everything continues to go well with you all as you are setting up your new life. What an adventure!
can't wait to see photos.
The house sounds amazing. Now you definitely need to get a boat! We're very happy for you all!
Hooray! Welcome home Dan!!!
Your house sounds great! I love the beach, what I wouldn't give to live near a beach!
xoxo
Im so happy for you. It must be bliss to be with each other again! wow your house sounds wonderful. Its sad you will be so far away:( Lets see some pics!!
I am so happy for you two to be together again. The house sounds wonderful. I'll be watching for pictures.
So HAPPY that Dan is home! even thought that means you will be moving to Egypt. Just kidding! I seeing a visit to NC in the future! the house sounds perfect! i'm so jealous of you living right next to the ocean. post pics when you can and have a safe trip back to az! We are going to have sooo much fun at schneff farms.Yeahh
I couldn't be happier for you! I do have to say that I am extremely jealous. I am glad that Dan made it home safely. I cannot wait to see photos of the new place and of you and your man!
So I know that all these people say that they are excited for you but let's get real, I'm the MOST excited for you although I cry just thinking at you being so far away but after hearing how great things are going it's making me think I just might venture far away from Arizona. I can't wait to come and visit and I can't wait to see you all under one roof...FINALLY! I can't wait to visit and meet taylor and ava especially! When you talk to the boys tell them that I love them! I will see you all soon when you get back to AZ.
Lacy (and my boys),
Just wanted to leave a quick note and say we (all of KinderCare) miss you very much and we are very happy you found such a beautiful house. Please post some pictures of my boys and kiss them for me!
Post a Comment