Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD

My Baby Benson just turned FOUR YEARS OLD on September 27th (pictures soon to come). All he wanted for his birthday was costumes: Spider man, Batman, Superman, Ninja Turtle, Power Ranger, and Captain America. Needless to say I have had Super Hero's running around my house since. We celebrated SPIDER MAN style and the party ended up being any 4 year old's dream! All the kids (his cousins) sang Happy Birthday to him with Spider Man Masks on, he got presents GALORE, and then they dressed up as the different super hero's and played the rest of the night!

It is just AMAZING to me that four years ago I became a mom. It has been an amazing journey for me. Benson has FOR SURE been a handful. He was such a fun baby. By the time he was 4 months old he would stand in his jumpy rocking back and forth to SHREK. He would get so excited when Donkey was trying to get away from the Dragon. He started sleeping through the nights at 3 weeks old! Do you know how amazing that is? I think for the first nine months I thought he was just going to be the easiest kid, and then......... He started to walk. OH MY GOODNESS! As soon as he was walking he was EVERYWHERE and climbing EVERYTHING. The other mom's at the park would freak out when they saw this 10 month old climbing the steps alone and trying to get on the monkey bars. Little did they know HE WAS FINE! He has not stopped since that first step. He is CONSTANTLY in mischief. I don't think he has ADD, I just think he has to know how everything works and there is nothing in his head telling him he can't figure it out. He started using screw drivers when he was two and he can take apart and put his toys back together, puzzles he can do in two mins (even the hard 10+ ones) and he still climbs everything! It drives me nuts, but I can not help to think he will be the next Einstein with all of this brain power he has going on.

It does not make me feel old, it just still baffles me that I am a mom. It is the hardest job I have ever had, and you think 4 years at the same job you would finally have it down NOT THE CASE! That is why I do not believe that Practice makes Perfect, I just believe it makes permanent. I am PERMANENTLY going insane, but I love it! How could I not? It makes every trying experience worth it with Benson when he out of the blue tells me, "Mommy you are so beautiful" or my favorite, "Mommy, you are the best mommy." His kisses and his hugs..... yes, it is all worth it!

No comments: