
Dan has 11 weeks left on this deployment and I just cannot wait for him to get home. This past month has being particularly hard for not only him, but his whole team. His best friend, Rob, from his team was killed this past month. While out on a patrol Dan's team came under fire. Rob was shot, the bullet went through the helmet and into his head. Their Doc, Ryan, did a great job on getting the bleeding to stop and preserved his life for days remaining. Rob never fully woke up before he passed the following week but at least his father was able to be with him when he did pass. They first flew him to Germany and then back to the US where he passed while his father held one of his hands and his other hand was over Rob's heart. He felt his sons last heart beat. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father let Rob come home and be with his father before the Lord took him. He died on his birthday, March 16th, he was exactly 28 years old.
It just makes me think how lucky we are to have the men and women fighting for us that we do. Daniel sacrifices his life on a daily basis to make sure we are safe here. I know this has been so hard on him and I wish I was there to wrap my arms around him. He is so dear to me and I love him more than I could ever explain or put into words.
God Bless the United States Military!

No comments:
Post a Comment