Saturday, September 8, 2007

NO SOCCER FOR BENSON


I DON'T GET IT!!!! I swear this boy doing the DEAD MAN'S FLOAT in this picture should be able to play Soccer, hmmmm.... maybe he should be a swimmer instead! All Benson does when he is home is play soccer... that is all he ever wants to do. SO of course I enroll him in soccer this season and WHAT DOES HE DO?!?!?! Throw a fit! I took him to two practices where he sat down and would not do anything and if he did do anything it was BOLTING off the soccer field. I thought we would at least make it to the first game. NOT THE CASE! Apparently he cried at school in the corner screaming at his teacher on Friday telling her that he just did not want to go to his game. Much like the night before when he cried himself to sleep because I told him he had a soccer game this weekend. OK END OF THAT! Of course I want him to play, but I don't want him to hate the sport before he starts. OH MAYBE NEXT YEAR. The funny thing is when we were at the practices Britton was the one out there kicking the ball and making the goals, I should ask them if he can take Benson's place on the team. I don't care if he is small, Britton has Skills.

2 comments:

Jessi B said...

That is totally funny. I can't believe he doesn't want to play! Oh well, at least you tried. What does he want to do instead? I think it's funny and sad that he cried himself to sleep over it. Oh it is rough being little.

Dan said...

haha - funny story. no worries, i'm sure he'll pick his sport of choice some day soon. i'm hoping both of my kids will lean towards golf... who knows? maybe benson will do likewise...