Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sugar Way of Life

I gained a lot of weight from March to May and could not understand exactly why. Nothing in my diet had changed. I was dating, but other than that my normal routine was exactly the way it had been for almost two years. So I decided at the end of May I would take sugar out of my routine during the week and see if it made a difference. BOY HOWDIE IT HAS! I have lost seven pounds in the last month! I still eat breads, yogurts, and carbs, but I leave out pops, juice, ice cream, cookies, cakes, candy, anything that is an "unhealthy" sugar. Then either on Saturday or Sunday I have something sugary, and that is the best day of the week. But with not eating sugar during the week I have more energy, can stay focused longer, sleep better, and have lost 2% body fat. I almost wonder if this will become a way of life for me, or if I am nearly just hyped on the outcome at this point. Well either way I only have 5 more pounds to go to be at where I was before this whole sudden weight gain started. As a woman, I know I am not over weight, but there is a weight that every woman wants to be at. It makes them more confident and is a self esteem booster when they get there. So here I am, trucking along! I don't think I would call what I am doing a diet, just a healthier way of day-to-day eating!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

yea ! Im glad you are a blogger. Keep up the good work on the no sugar. Love the pictures of the boys. Are you buying that house? Good luck!